Code of Conduct for Volunteers (& Employees)
26 March 2020
- Those who wish to volunteer with Ladles of Love cannot do so without a permit, which must be obtained through us. Only those volunteers who have received a permit to work will be allowed into the kitchen
- All applicable employees/volunteers must carry a form of identification at all times; when working in, travelling to, or conducting any activity on behalf of Ladles of Love
- Each time a person arrives to work/volunteer, in doing so they confirm that they have not be in contact with any person who has the virus or who has self-quarantined due to displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
- Each time a person arrives to work/volunteer, in doing so they confirm that they have not been in any high risk area as determined by the RSA Gov or the WHO within the last 14 days. (i.e. have not travelled recently to or from high risk areas)
- If any volunteer experiences any signs of the virus symptoms (high temperature, sore throat, dry cough etc) they must respect all the workers at Ladles of Love by staying away and self-isolating at their home.
- Ladles of Love reserves the right to ask a volunteer to exit the premises if deemed to be high risk to others.
- Every volunteer will follow the strict hygiene guidelines for the kitchen. Wear protective clothing, masks, sanitize hands regularly etc.
- By volunteering/working with Ladles of Love, volunteers/employees confirm that they will maintain a safe distance working environment (+1.5m meters apart) when working in, at or for the kitchen.
- Ladles of Love reserves the right to test each employee/volunteer by utilizing an electronic temperature device, to ascertain whether they are healthy for duty. Ladles of Love reserves the right to ask those showing symptoms of high temperature to leave the premises immediately and seek medical help. Ladles of Love reserve the right to turn away volunteers that refuse to be tested in this manner.
- Any employee/volunteer displaying any symptoms of the virus will not be allowed to continue at Ladles of Love until they have been tested for COVID-19 and have been cleared via a medical certificate from the health authorities to resume duties.
These guidelines are effective from Friday 27th March 2020 until Thursday 16th April 2020, or until official communication from the government deems alternative measures are needed.
Danny Diliberto, Founder Ladles of Love